Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe
The Chicken Malai Tikka is cooked by only marinating the chicken and roasting it. You can make this recipe on the pan, in the oven, and also on BBQ.
What is Murgh Malai Tikka?
Let me give a short description for those who don’t know what Murgh Malai Tikka is, Murgh means chicken, Malai means cream, tikka means marination of meat in a spicy mixture
Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe Nutrition
Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe includes 208 calories
Carbohydrates: 7 g.
Proteins: 19 g.
Fat: 3 g.
2,000 calories are the total daily calorie required for a standard adult diet.
- Boneless Chicken 500 g
- Cream 4 tbsp
- Yogurt 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Cornflour 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Butter 1 tbsp.
Tips for making Chicken Malai Tikka
- Do not add oil, when you are applying the marination masala, because oil always slower the process of medication.
- You can marinate the chicken over nite.
- You can also use cashew nut paste.
- Prefer using boneless chicken.
- If you don’t have fresh cream at home, you can make use of malai instead.
Process before cooking Murgh Malai Tikka
- Wash the Chicken in clean water.
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Strain all the excess water from the chicken and dry it with a paper tissue.
- If the yogurt has water, drain it.
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp, 2 green chilies, crush it in a smooth paste.
Marination of chicken
1. Take the cubes of chicken in a bowl, add 1 tsp of lemon juice.
2. Add salt to taste.
3. Then add the crushed paste.
4. Add 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
5. Now add 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste.
6. Add 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
7. Then add 4 tbsp of cream.
8. Add 4 tbsp of yogurt.
9. Now mix everything nicely, until all the masala gets court to the chicken.
10. Cover the lid and keep it for marination for at least 1 hour.
Process of making Chicken Malai Tikka
1. Take the marinated chicken, add 1 tbsp of oil.
2. Mix everything well.
3. Pierce the marinated chicken cubes one by one in the skewer.
4. Now heat a pan, add 1 tbsp of oil.
5. And 1/2 tbsp of butter in the pan, let it heat.
6. Once the butter is melted, keep the chicken skewers in the pan.
7. Cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
8. Then flip the chicken, turn the flame low.
9. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
10. After 5 minutes open the lid and turn the flame high.
11. Now cook until the excess water evaporates for 5 minutes.
To bring a twist to the recipe we will give it charcoal smokes.
12. Take a small piece, keep it on the flame.
13. Heat the charcoal until it’s red.
14. Then take a small bowl, place it in the pan.
15. Keep the burning charcoal in the bowl.
16. Add 1 tsp of oil to the charcoal and cover the lid of the pan.
17. Transfer the chicken skewers to a plate, the recipe is ready to serve
Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe
How to make Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe
- 500 g Boneless Chicken
- 4 tbsp Cream
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- for taste Salt
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Serve the Chicken Malai Tikka with green chutney with some sliced onions and tomatoes.
- You can also make a wrap, by placing this tikka on the chapati, top sliced onions, tomato, chutney.
Green chutney Recipe
- Green chilies 9 to 10
- Garlic cloves 6 to 7
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required
- Lemon juice 1 tsp.
Process of Green Chutney
1. For making green chutney we have to take a blender.
2. Add 10 green chilies.
3. Then add 7 garlic cloves.
4. Add some coriander leaves and mint leaves.
5. Then add salt to taste, and a little bit of water.
6. Now blend all this in a fine paste.
7. Then add 1 tsp of lemon juice, mix it well.
Green chutney is ready.
1. Can we cook this recipe with bone in the chicken?
Yes! You can cook this recipe with bone in the chicken, you just need to keep the chicken for marinating for more time, at least for 8 to 9 hours.
2. Does this marination work with vegetables or paneer?
Yes! This marination can go with other recipes too, like paneer, veggies.
3. Can we add more spices while making the marination mixture?
Of course! We can add or deduct spices as per convenience.